Spice Girls: Reunion Rumours & Random Discussion Thread

Slam your body down and post it all around!
Forum rules
We would kindly like to remind you that posting, requesting or linking to sites containing copyright material is against our rules and will result in a warning/ban.
ForeverSpiceBoy
Location: Make it loud, 'cos the world is my dance floor! (Mexican living in Chile)

Re: Spice Girls Random Discussion Thread | Geri: “We’re not re-forming immediately, but in the near future.” [Page 688]

Postby ForeverSpiceBoy » 20 Apr 2017, 16:10

^LOL. I love that they support each other, they are actually friends. <3
FarAway

Re: Spice Girls Random Discussion Thread

Postby FarAway » 20 Apr 2017, 17:15

Alexpc wrote:
FarAway wrote:I could see it happening something like 3 of them record a few songs, release one of them as a trio and do a concert in London. Melanie C ends up joining in the concert cause she likes to perform, but not on the new music and Vick records a message that shows up on the screens during the tour and give the girls some dresses for them to use while they are promoting the concert (probably one or two tv shows).

Word by word what I've been reading in this forum for the past 2 years... Even the "Victoria sends a message for screens" thing.
The only new thing is Mel B's divorce. This has come full circle, we're back on page 1 of this thread.

Well, we know Victoria doesn't want to perform anymore, so, at least to me, it's a given that recording a message and giving some dresses is the most she would be involved. Melanie C doesn't want to record new music but she does love to perform, so I really don't see her refusing to do a concert. The other 3 did want to record new music (they recorded SFH).

In one interview (I think last year) she (Melanie C) said that too many ppl where starting to get involved in the plans and from Mel B's paper we know her ex was a big annoying factor on all her projects (the reunion meetings for a tour was even mentioned on the same papers). Now he's out of the picture. So I do think that the girls are back to the same situation (3 want music, 1 just perform, the other just giving her blessing) that they were before (also back to "what should we do?").
KingOfSpiceWorld

Re: Spice Girls Random Discussion Thread | Geri: “We’re not re-forming immediately, but in the near future.” [Page 688]

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 20 Apr 2017, 18:09

Dave87 wrote:
KingOfSpiceWorld wrote:If they are smart, they'll record a woman empowering song with strong lyrics and melody about girl power, against female abuse and equality and release the song with all profits going to charity.
It's the only way they can gain attention and do good at the same time and get Victoria who fights for similar causes, to perform.
Then, they can perform this new single and a couple of hits on a tv marathon special along other artists or even only themselves and the money they collect go to abused women. And call it quits forever!

And people here would still talk crap about them. Every thread would be "I can't believe Mel B is using her divorce/abuse to make money. How pathetic!" Think about it SFH has an empowering message and people here wrote it off before they even heard it. Honestly, If they end up doing anything I think it should be whatever they want and are passionate about. 21 years into their careers they've got nothing to prove. I do however wish they wouldn't be so secretive and constantly keeping us in limbo.

If done the right way and not to milk fans but in a nice way, it will be good. Not the way Mel B has handled her divorce.
Song for her had no empowering message. It was an embarrassment from melody, lyrics to singing (Mel B and Geri)

The thing is that they've always fought for equality and Victoria has acted as a UN ambassador for similar reasons so releasing a song maybe even with other female artists for a charity, is the only way I can see the, doing smt as a five piece.
1000 monks. 1000 religions.
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 21 Apr 2017, 01:51

You should state how is your opinion that "SFH"was an embarrassment since many seemed to like it.

As for how Mel B has handled her divorce? I think she's been gracefully handling this. She's keeping a low profile and finally found the courage to get away of that scumbag. But that's just my opinion
kamel

Postby kamel » 21 Apr 2017, 10:58

Prince William did ask Emma about the Spice girls reunion :grin:
https://twitter.com/thisisheart/status/ ... 4795839488
MAD

Postby MAD » 21 Apr 2017, 11:19

please make this reunion happen. :inlove:

Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 21 Apr 2017, 11:32

What does Emma reply? "You need to come to see us" ?
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
simby

Postby simby » 21 Apr 2017, 11:45

kamel wrote:Prince William did ask Emma about the Spice girls reunion :grin:

can't see it :(
belgo

Postby belgo » 21 Apr 2017, 11:49

Thom wrote:if they are smart, they'll let this boat pass and concentrate on SPICE 25 years.

Oh please NO!
Another 4 years of waiting and teasing from the girls.
No thanks.

Who cares wether it's been 20 years or 22 years?

Just get on with it!
-Claudia-

Postby -Claudia- » 21 Apr 2017, 11:50

simby wrote:

He says "A reunion coming any time soon?" And Emma says "Only if you come and see us". That's it :p
simby

Postby simby » 21 Apr 2017, 11:55

-Claudia- wrote:
simby wrote:

He says "A reunion coming any time soon?" And Emma says "Only if you come and see us". That's it :p

Thank you!
Xander21

Postby Xander21 » 21 Apr 2017, 13:39

They should do a one off concert televised around the world with major singers like Adele etc joining them... it would be absolutely amazing. It would be huge and a great way to say farewell.
kamel

Postby kamel » 21 Apr 2017, 14:10

Xander21 wrote:They should do a one off concert televised around the world with major singers like Adele etc joining them... it would be absolutely amazing. It would be huge and a great way to say farewell.

Yea like an andience with the Spice girls
KingOfSpiceWorld

Postby KingOfSpiceWorld » 21 Apr 2017, 14:15

Xander21 wrote:They should do a one off concert televised around the world with major singers like Adele etc joining them... it would be absolutely amazing. It would be huge and a great way to say farewell.

They've already said their goodbyes with the return. It was their farewell tour (their words not mine) and also? I don't like Adele or any other singer spoiling a spice girls reunion.
Just leak the final date of TROTSG and call it quits. Release solo music.
1000 monks. 1000 religions.
Xander21

Postby Xander21 » 21 Apr 2017, 14:32

[Mod Edit: Removed, please don't post violent comments, especially towards other members]
PeruvianSpice

Postby PeruvianSpice » 21 Apr 2017, 19:09

Even the Prince wants to see them :D
Xander21

Postby Xander21 » 21 Apr 2017, 22:15

Geri on IG- thinking about getting a band together... in the donkeys video ;-)
Hannes84
Deactivated by request
Custom Title: ChiariWarrior

Postby Hannes84 » 21 Apr 2017, 22:18

Xander21 wrote:Geri on IG- thinking about getting a band together... in the donkeys video ;-)

She's asking the donkeys if they wanna be in a band with her, it's a joke.
I often look upon the stars, darling. Which one's yours?
Hannes84
Deactivated by request
Custom Title: ChiariWarrior

Postby Hannes84 » 21 Apr 2017, 22:21

I just have ONE simple question (since this disaster of a thread has been now re-opened again...): Has Geri ACTUALLY said ANY of what has been claimed by The Sun? Perez Hilton (I can't believe that dork is still around) quotes that article, claiming that article has a quote from her, which it doesn't. So, on WHAT exactly is this all based on? If she did in fact say that, great. If not, then we need to back the hell off and close this thread once again, before all the crazy speculation starts again, which'll confuse and inspire the press to write nonsense stories even more.
I often look upon the stars, darling. Which one's yours?
sammy01

Postby sammy01 » 21 Apr 2017, 23:32

Hannes84 wrote:I just have ONE simple question (since this disaster of a thread has been now re-opened again...): Has Geri ACTUALLY said ANY of what has been claimed by The Sun? Perez Hilton (I can't believe that dork is still around) quotes that article, claiming that article has a quote from her, which it doesn't. So, on WHAT exactly is this all based on? If she did in fact say that, great. If not, then we need to back the hell off and close this thread once again, before all the crazy speculation starts again, which'll confuse and inspire the press to write nonsense stories even more.

The quote in the paper directly from Geri is the one in the thread title, it isn't hard to click the link and read the article.
Follw me, you know you want to - https://twitter.com/Sammyb01
DannyDirnt

Postby DannyDirnt » 22 Apr 2017, 12:29

I'd rather have a three-piece than a three-piece collaborating with other artists. That would make them look so sad and needy.
Xander21

Postby Xander21 » 22 Apr 2017, 12:46

For me it wouldn't be as nice... if the three girls want to collaborate it's fine but not as 'spice girls' ... 5 or nothing but since Mel C has a sneaky feeling something might be coming along I think there is still hope for a 5 spice 'event'.
Javi
Custom Title: f.k.a. IER

Postby Javi » 22 Apr 2017, 13:15

Xander21 wrote: if the three girls want to collaborate it's fine but not as 'spice girls'

Get over it. They are Spice Girls.
-If you really bug me, then I'll say goodbye.
DannyDirnt

Postby DannyDirnt » 22 Apr 2017, 19:17

Javi wrote:
Xander21 wrote: if the three girls want to collaborate it's fine but not as 'spice girls'

GEM? Yes. Adele, etc.? No.
bryand

Postby bryand » 22 Apr 2017, 19:50

Javi wrote:

Yes they are Spice Girls but not THE Spice Girls . ;)

Return to “Spice Girls”